Background

Monday 3 March 2014

Rhapsody in blue





 
Morning crafting folk, Hope you all had a fabulous weekend. Ours was very family orientated as we had 10 for lunch on Sunday to celebrate a daughters 37th birthday (makes me feel really old), so no time for crafting as lots of prep  cooking and washing up were done. It was lovely to get some of the family together though  but a pity not all were joining us as they live a lot further away. Todays card was made by cutting out the background with a Spellbinder die from the Nestabilities card creator range called  "Enchanted Labels 28. I adhered it to the blue card stock and then used the same card stock and stamped and embossed the vase onto it and cut it out and adhered it onto the card with 3d foam. The stamp collection was from a Card-io Combinations collection. I made the flowers myself by hand by drawing them onto paper and then stamping spots onto them with blue ink from Color-box. I then cut out the flowers and shaded all the edges of the petals then shaped them with a ball tool and foam pad and curled the petals to give more dimension and then  layered them onto each other so that each flower had three layers of petals. I then added a flat back pearl to each centre and adhered them to the card. To complete I stamped a small sentiment in the same colour ink and cut it out with a Spellbinder petite labels die and also added some butterflies that I'd cut out with  their "Whimsy" die collection. Hope you have a fabulous week ..

Best wishes.. Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment