Background

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Make it Sparkle







 
Afternoon everyone, it's time for another Brown Sugar Challenge Blog #84 and this weeks theme is Make it Sparkle. So I hope you like my entry and good luck to everyone participating this week. My card is a gate fold card and the main image for the front of the card was taken from My Craft Studio CD and was printed onto plain white paper. I needed four copies of the image to make this card and I layered the first copy onto some shaded pink card stock to give some background colour. Then using the second copy of the flower to decoupage and add dimension to the card, I cut out the head and the lower leaf of the flower and adhered them to the main image with 3d foam squares. The whole image of the third copy was cut out and adhered with 3d foam to the inside fold of the card, and finally the last copy of the flower and "For You" sentiment was cut out and then  a lace doily border layered on top and I cut around the flower and leaf to pull them through the aperture to give the effect of it coming through the window. Finally to complete the card some ribbon, pearls and a sentiment were added and WOW glitter sprinkled onto the flower heads for that added sparkle.
Happy Crafting....

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've put such a lot of love into this card. Gorgeous texture with the ribbon, pearls and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment about my card. It is very much appreciated.xx

      Delete
  2. A beautiful card, love the detailing, thanks for playing with us at Brown Sugar, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete