Background

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Over the Garden Fence











 
Morning Everyone, With a grand-daughters birthday coming up I wanted to create a card with lots of pastel colours and as I had some of this blue spotted paper in my stash decided to use it as a background. The garden fence was made using a Sissix Thankful Background & Borders embossing folder set and then cutting it out carefully with a craft knife . Once completed, I adhered it to the card and then made a variety of paper flowers some of which I cut freehand and others using a spellbinders flower die. Once the flowers were cut out I coloured them using pastel inks and then used a ball embossing tool to shape the petals for more dimension. I then layered them and fluffed the petals then added a pearl at the centre of each flower. The pastel banners strips along the top edge of the card were cut out and overlapped then adhered to the card. The butterflies were made using Spellbinders Shapeability "Whimsies"  collection die then shaded with pastel inks along their edges to match the colours used in the rest of the card. Small pearls were also added to these to complete the look and a sentiment topper added to finish the card...
 
Have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment