Background

Sunday 23 February 2014

Embossed Watercolour Card 1




 
Evening again everyone, well its almost Monday and I wanted to add another card to my blog before I went to bed and as I felt like doing some water colouring I thought I would combine both so made a card using a watercolour technique. I began by applying some brown corrugated card stock to my base card and then the main design was made by taking the Creative Expressions Tulip Stencil and using a Versamark pen, traced the design onto watercolour paper. Once all the tulips had been traced onto the card I sprinkled over the design with white pearlised embossing powder and after removing the excess powder, heating them with a heat gun. Once dry I spread three different colours of Tim Holtz Distress ink over the card and spritzed it generously all over with water and left it to dry. This allows the inks to merge into one another  and once dry leaves the watermarks behind. The card was then trimmed and mounted onto white card stock and adhered to the rest of the card. The sentiment was added after stamping it onto card and cutting it out with a Spellbinders Nestability “Labels 29” Die. I hope you like the simplicity of the design..
 
Regards Wendy
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment