Background

Sunday 16 February 2014

Blowing in the wind




 
Afternoon my crafting friends, well finally the sun has come out for a while which is a blessing from all the wind and rain we have over the past couple of weeks. Many areas of the country are struggling with the after effects of flooding and storm damage but thankfully it's not been so bad here in Cardiff and I hope you all have been safe too. Todays card was made from stamping a dandelion design onto parchment paper from the "British Wild flowers" collection by Creative Expressions designed by Sam Pool. Having stamped the design onto the parchment paper using Versamark ink I embossed it with clear embossing powder. Once dry I stamped close to the first stamp going over the design slightly and then used a tinted embossing powder to give a deeper colour. Once dry I cut around the design with my spellbinders "Detailed Scallops" die and layered it onto a shaded orange card stock from my stash and then layered this onto some white card stock that I had cut out with a larger sized die from the same set and adhered them all onto my card. I then cut out the seeds that come with the stamp set and adhered them all to my card with silicone gel so they stood out a little from the main card.  I completed the card with an orange satin bow and added a topper made from the same Spellbinder die set. Hope you like the effect.
 
Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment