Background

Saturday 15 February 2014

Baby Boy

 
 
 






 
Morning Everyone, my cousins daughter has had a baby boy so I decided to make her this card in celebration of his safe arrival. I hope you like the clean lines and simple layout which was achieved from applying a piece of plain white paper that had been pierced around the edge to form a border, to my card sock. I used a piercing ruler to get even spacing and straight lines along the edge of this layer. I then embossed another piece of plain white card stock using Couture Creations "Tied Together" embossing folder and applied some pearlescent gilding wax to the surface of the paper to enhance the design and layered it on top of the card. I then added the third and final topper which I'd made previously using a lovely  pram design from Pink Petticoat designs and coloured it in with blue alcohol inks from Promarkers. I then cut out the design using a Spellbinders Nestabilities, Detailed Scallops Die, which is one of my favourites and gives a lovely finish to a topper. I  shaded the edges of the loops to make it "pop" from the card and completed the front with a small butterfly cut using the Spellbinders Shape-ability"Whimsy" die range and enhanced it with two small stick on pearls. I hope she likes it. Please add your comments...
 
Regards Wendy xxx
 
 
Challenges...
                        Cute Card Thursdays ;- Clever Cutting
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment