Background

Monday 17 February 2014

Friends are like Sunflowers


 
 
Evening Friends, well I'm sorry to say the sunshine didn't last long and it rained again today and thoughts of the sunshine that family are having whilst on holiday in Spain made me think of big sunflowers, so I got out my stamps and set to and made this card. I started by making a backing paper and did this by tearing strips of masking tape and sticking them onto a piece of paper as you do when doing "faux leather" look paper. However I wanted a more "scrunched effect" so I wrinkled and creased the tape before sticking it down to the backing paper. Once the whole A4 sheet was covered I inked the surface using Tim Holtz distress inks "Crushed Olive " and  "Old Mahogany" and then applied clear embossing powder over the surface and heated it with my heat gun. Once dry I trimmed the edges and cut it in half then adhered one piece onto black card stock. I then cut, embossed and shaded a topper using a Spellbinder labels 18 die. The set of "Sunflower" stamps I used to make the flowers are by Sheena Douglass and are in her Paint Fusion range, they are a generous sized stamp as you can see in the picture. I stamped three of each of the flowers and leaves and coloured each one using Spectrum Noir  pens and then cut each one out. I left the bottom layer of the flower complete then removed some of the petals from the middle and top layer and then curled the edges of the petals to make them look more life like.. I adhered the three layers of the flowers and leaves together using sticky 3d foam  and secured  them to the card with silicone gel. I completed the card with a sunflower quote on the inner fly leaf. Hope you like the card...
 
Happy Crafting ...


No comments:

Post a Comment