Background

Friday 13 September 2013

Friend Card



,
Morning Crafting friends, I hope you have a fab Friday and an even better weekend. Todays card was made using a selection of stamps, masks and inks using a masking technique to produce the main design. To begin with I made the backing paper and I did this by securing  a Creative Expressions mica mask called "Leafy" with has a lovely leaf design over a sheet of plain white paper and using a blending sponge applying a Tim Holtz evergreen ink over it and also to give some depth, shaded it around all the edges. . Once dry I cut it and applied it to the front of my card. On the next layer I drew two lines wide enough apart to take the Friend stamp. I then applied a post it over the upper part of the paper down to the lower of the two lines. I then stamped two leaves on the lower half of the paper and the post it paper. Once dry I then covered the lower half of the paper up to the top line and stamped my Sheena Douglas paint fusion leaves and flowers onto the upper half as shown on the card. The post it paper protects the area where I was going to add the sentiment and makes it look as though the leaves go behind  that area. I then cut it to size and applied it over my backing paper. I then made a topper by cutting out a sentiment from a range from pink petticoat and cut it out using a spellbinders die. I shaded this topper with the same ink I'd used for the backing paper. Finally I added a silk ribbon to complete my card.
 
Thanks for looking
 
Regards Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment