Background

Sunday 18 August 2013

A little bit of Honey






 
 





Morning Everyone, I noticed that we have had an increase in bumble bees and butterflies this summer and a friend of ours, who keeps Honey bees, has got 4 colonies that all seem to be doing well this year and as I wanted to make a "Thank You" card to send him, I thought this he would like one of these. This is one of my favourite stamps sets by "Chocolate Baroque and I began the card by stamping the honeycomb stamp onto plain white paper using Tim Holts Distress ink called ""Old Paper" to form the background. Once this was dry, I then stamped some flowers and or the beehive on top to complete the scene and then blended the edges of the paper. Over this I added an "Ornate Window" which was cut and embossed using the spellbinders die and this was placed over the background to show the design through the window. To complement this scene I added a flourish of leaves to two of the card and I'd coloured them with Tim Holtz distress ink to match the colour of the card stock. In this case it was aptly called Wild Honey" The sentiment stamp was applied to white paper and a selection of Spellbinders dies were used to cut out the labels which I then shaded along the edges with the same colour ink I'd used on the cards. I have yet to add the sentiments to the card but I generally Used Microsoft word and I alter the fonts depending on the type of card I've made.
God bless

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment