Background

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Pretty in Pink




 
Hi my crafting friends, this card was made at the request of a friend for her nan's 80th birthday. I hope she likes it. The background for the card was made by embossing a piece of pearlised card with a Spellbinder embossing folder and was mat and layered onto the card. The flowers were hand made after cutting out each of the petals and stamens with a Sissix  flower from a baby pink pearlised pape,  then, using Spectrum Noir pens, I coloured the center of each of the petals with a darker shade to give them more depth and once the flowers were formed and dried, I added pearls to the centre of some to add a bit of extra bling. The butterfly was cut using a Spellbinders Papillion die and I generally use three layers of paper for each butterfly to give more dimension. The top layer of the butterfly was made from the same pearlised paper I made the flowers with and I also used it behind the Gazebo so it tied in with the rest of the card. I used "Word" to type the Text for the 80th birthday sentiment onto plain paper and used a spellbinder label die to cut it and emboss it. Once it was cut out, I shaded the edge in a baby pink to match the rest of the card.
 Thanks for looking. Regards Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment